- Espresso or coffee maker
- Milk steamer or saucepan and whisk
- Large mug
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 shots espresso or ½ cup brewed coffee
- ¾ cup milk any kind
- Pull two shots of espresso or make ½ cup of strong coffee. Pour the coffee or espresso into your mug.
- Steam your milk using a steamer, steam wand, or a saucepan and whisk. You want it to be warm and frothy.
- Pour the milk on top of your espresso, holding back a little milk foam, and then add the honey. Roll the saffron threads in your fingers over the mug to crush them. Then give the mixture a good stir.
- Spoon on your milk foam. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon or a little more saffron if you’d like. That’s it — enjoy your delicious saffron coffee!