- ¼ teaspoon saffron threads
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 medium shallots chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Combine wine, shallots, and vinegar in a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Simmer the mixture until it is reduced to about 2 Tablespoons. about 10 minutes. Stir in the cream and simmer the mixture, whisking occasionally, until the liquid is reduced to 2 Tablespoons. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, and whisk in the butter, 1 piece at a time, but overlapping slightly to keep the sauce from getting too hot. Remove from heat, from time to time, as the butter is whisked in. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Use with pasta and/or seafoods.